New to Sailing
Sailing is a little like riding a bike: once you have the basics you don't forget them. And whilst the running costs of a boat aren't enormous, buying a dinghy can cost you anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand pounds. But before that, you need to try sailing out, so here are a few options (note check the calendar for dates - look for the red events):
- As a Member, come along to any of the Friday evening sessions - running from May to September for all abilities of sailors. We will have help and advice on hand to get you going or refine your skills.
- We have 3 RS Teras (ideal for children to sail), 2 RS Fevas (great for adult and child or two teenagers) and an RS Vision (suitable for Adults and families) for use by Members (see Handbook for how to book or follow the link through the website)
- We also run Family Days and the odd special event (see Calendar for details) which have proved hugely popular and a great way to meet other members of the Club and enjoy general silliness on the water.
- Watch out for the Push the Boat Out days where the club opens its doors to the public with boat rigging demos, trips out on the water...
- Enrol in a training scheme (look for the ones under the Royal Yachting Association banner). Whilst we don't run one from Embsay there are a few that run in the area - check out the sailing clubs and general links on the useful links page.
Feel free to contact us if you are new to sailing and we will help as much as possible - as keen sailors we are enthusiastic about sharing our sport!